Eight new Centres of Excellence for computing applications
23 Sept. 2015, newsroom of the European Commission for Horizon 2020:
"Eight new Centres of Excellence (CoEs) for computing applications have been selected following the recent call under e-Infrastructures. They will help strengthen Europe's existing leadership in HPC (high-performance computing) applications and cover important areas like renewable energy, materials modelling and design, molecular and atomic modelling, climate change, Global System science, and bio-molecular research, and tools to improve HPC applications performance."
Our project, ESiWACE is one of them.
Would you like to discover the others? Here is the full list and their profiles are all available on Cordis:
- EoCoE - Energy oriented Centre of Excellence for computer applications
- BioExcel - Centre of Excellence for Biomolecular Research
- NoMaD - The Novel Materials Discovery Laboratory
- MaX - Materials design at the eXascale
- ESiWACE - Excellence in SImulation of Weather and Climate in Europe
- E-CAM - An e-infrastructure for software, training and consultancy in simulation and modelling
- POP - Performance Optimisation and Productivity
- COEGSS - Center of Excellence for Global Systems Science
More information can be found here.